Wednesday, July 8, 2015

July 4, 2015

The Fourth of July has grown to one of my favorite holidays over the years. Growing up we would spend it mostly with my mom's family and then when we got older we used to spend it at the beach. For me, it is a day to be with my family. Now that I'm married I don't spend it at the beach anymore with my parents but I spend it with Tim and his family. Since I've moved this year's Fourth was by far the best one. Every year our city has a parade. Its one of the perks of living in a smaller city. It truly is nothing huge and we basically see the same things every year, but it is tradition. This year we got to sit basically front row because Tim's brother owns a business this year. I took a lot of pictures but I picked some of my favorite ones to share. Enjoy!

 This year we got front row seats. My brother-in-law has a shop and we sat out front and handed out free hot dogs!

This year the this was the BEST float. That O spun around. I mean that set the bar for next year.

Our parade does have interesting floats like this one for instance. I do believe that it was called Pup and Princess Pageant.

And... roller derby!


The military portion is always my favorite.




 And to end the parade the trucks come through. We are the Truckers after all!

It got sorta hot so we moved alllllllll the way back to the building. It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment